Thinking about refurbishing your existing wooden floor? You might want to consider a process called floor sanding. Here at RYANS, we can complete the floor sanding process in just three days, bringing back your floor’s shine as quickly and effectively as possible!
What is floor sanding?
Floor sanding is a restoration process that removes any imperfections or damages in your hardwood floor. We do this by using top-quality machinery to smooth out the surface of the wood. Our three-day floor sanding service allows us to sand and varnish the wood, as well as apply a wood stain if desired. Each day looks like this:
- Day One: The initial sanding is carried out, using professional dust-extraction technology to minimise any dust particles produced by the wood. This initial sanding will smooth out the wood, creating a brand new surface ready to be varnished. A surface coating will be applied to dry overnight.
- Day Two: Returning on the following day, our team will ensure that the surface coating is dry as well as re-sanding any stubborn areas. At this stage, your wood stain can be applied if desired. A coat of wood varnish will then be applied to harden.
- Day Three: On our final day, we will check that the coat of wood varnish has hardened successfully, before applying an additional layer. Once this final layer has hardened, your floor will be as good as new!
The cost of floor sanding varies depending on the size of the room and the number of rooms. A standard-sized room (around 13 square metres) will cost around £900 to restore. This price then scales upwards to between £1,500 and £2,000 with the size of your room. It is also worth noting that multiple rooms will take longer than three days to complete due to the amount of work required. We want to complete the project to high-quality standards, so additional rooms will likely take more time.
What should you consider before sanding your floor?
There are a few things you may want to consider before beginning your floor sanding project. It can be a fairly costly project, with some disruption to the home while the sanding is carried out. Here are some things you might want to think about before your floor restoration:
- Why are you considering having your floor sanded? Is it worn, damaged, or in need of customisation? If you want a completely new look, you may want to consider a brand new floor, although some customisation can be completed through the floor sanding process.
- If you want to customise your existing wooden floor, what do you want it to look like? You can choose different stains and finishes to give it a completely new cosmetic look.
- How will the process impact your home? At RYANS, we try to complete floor sanding as quickly as possible, so the process shouldn’t interrupt your home too much. Despite this, you might want to consider how it might affect you – for example, is it a room you use often?
- Who will complete your floor sanding? We recommend hiring a professional to carry out the project, to avoid any frustration or complications. Of course, DIY is an option, but you might not get the results you desire.
- What is your budget? Floor sanding is a more budget-friendly option compared to having a brand new floor installed, however, it can still be expensive! Your budget is something you may want to think about.
With all of these things in mind, you should be in a good position to start your floor sanding project. Here at RYANS, we’re happy to advise you on any concerns you might have, guiding you through the whole process.
Why should you choose RYANS for your floor sanding project?
Here at RYANS, we’re the best floor sanding company in the South West of the United Kingdom. We’ve got you covered with the entire floor sanding process, helping you bring your hardwood floor back to its former glory. We have over 40 years of experience and an incredible team of qualified engineers. Our top priorities are communicating with customers and providing top-quality results. As a company, we have expert knowledge and advice; professional workmanship; a full range of top-quality equipment, and great reviews from customers.
If you have any questions or would like to hire us for your floor restoration project, please get in touch!